Thursday, June 15, 2006
Introductions
Hi! I’m Shell and this is my new blog! I plan to blog about my different projects - knitting, needlework, and whateverelse I can find to do in my spare time. I am a thirty-something southerner who is addicted to all things crafty. I share a house with two cats that allow me to keep a roof over our heads and buy them toys and food.

I read a lot of knitting blogs. A. Lot. What can I say, I enjoy seeing what other knitters knit, where they knit and so on. Nosy, yes, but the beautiful projects and designs that I have found…..priceless. I figured it was time I stepped up and joined the community.

So about me.....Being lucky enough to be born to a crafty mother, I experimented with different craft projects early on in between cartoons. Sewing. Drawing. Macramé. Crochet. Cross Stitch. You name it, I’ve probably tried it. I also have a heck of a perfectionist streak......which can really choke the heck out of creativity. Imagination, I've got. But completion doesn't always make it through the gate. But that's ok. It's about the process, right?

The cross stitch habit followed me out of childhood and I now have a nice solid stash and large stack of works-in-progress. I encountered scrapbooking a few years back and I have a nice collection of stickers, scissors, and paper. Papercrafts seemed like a good segue. Then I learned to knit in May of 2005 and haven't stopped. Now ask me about my yarn stash.....

OK, so it isn't just about the process for me, apparently it’s also about getting stuff!

I am an intermittent stitcher, since there are no stores nearby (other than Joanns and Michaels) and it is hard to find local stitchers when there isn't a stitching store. This year, I find that needlework is coming back in my life. A guild has just started up in my area and I have enjoyed being around other stitchers. I've also met a number of quilters in this past year and while tempting, I just don't have the room right now (for the stash).

As for knitting, I think I have wanted to learn to knit for about 12 years. Or more. Considering I live in Florida, I think it is pretty funny. But there you go. My early attempts were halted by my felines that wanted to help me learn. So finally, I gave up learning on my own, gathered up my pennies, and went to the local yarn shop.

That’s it for now. I have to be up early in the morning. More (with pictures) to come!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG