Thursday, June 15, 2006
When in doubt.....BUY YARN!
It has been a rather rough day. To top it off, I discovered several errors in the early beginnings of my Icarus shawl during lunch today. I decided it would be easier just to start over, so I'm going to cast back on this weekend.

So, to cheer me up, my car drove me over to one of the local yarn shops after work today and the following leaped into my arms:



South West Trading Company Oasis in Purplexed AND Stacy Charles Ritratto in #76. A closer look:


Obviously I still need to work on my photography! These two yarns are going to turn into the Lotus Blossom Tank (for me!) and a shawl (for a gift!). I just couldn't resist that purple and the Stacy Charles yarns have been calling my name for a while.

In other news, I've signed up to take part in the Mystery Stole #2 knitalong over at yahoogroups. When I first started knitting, I really got "into" lace, starting Branching Out and signing up for both Mystery Stole 1 and Mystery Shawl 1. (Did I mention that my brain also thinks I can knit 24 hours a day?) Work pressures drove me to distraction so my lace knitting got off track and I took them all off the needles. I am hoping I can stick this one out! I do have a friend in town who has also signed up for the new mystery stole and is doing the icarus shawl (in Sea Silk!!! ) so hopefully local encouragement will help.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG