Saturday, June 28, 2008
Convergence Recap
I headed off to Tampa on Thursday to get in a few days of Convergence. There was a lot to see and buy! I wasn't as social as I had planned, but it was good to get a couple of days of quiet....I didn't take any classes, just spent a couple of days in the vendor hall. While there, I also spent some time working on my sample and proofing notes for an upcoming lace class. The sample has to be done for the shop in the next few days, so pictures of that will follow soon. Meanwhile, here are a couple of candids from the vendor hall.

IMG_0156

IMG_0155

IMG_0154

All in all, it was a nice collection of vendors. I wish I had remembered to take a picture of Jason Collingwood's booth...very wonderful rugs there!

And here are the goodies that I brought home with me!!!

IMG_0161

Starting at bottom left, several scissors (some for me, some for gifts!), frajolous fibers merino, support spindle, blocking wires kit, redbird camel/silk, bluster bay shuttle, Handweavers Pattern Directory, Peggy Osterkamp books 1 and 3, habu silk/stainless steel, cherry swift, habu silk, fiberlady bamboo. Not pictured are 2 wood shawl pins from knitting notions that are currently holding my hair back.

IMG_0163

IMG_0150

The trip down and back were great! It was great getting to know my travel companions and I'm looking forward to more trips in the future. When I got home, this greeted me, my fiber of the month from Spunky Eclectic....Merino with Mohair in the Flower Weeds colorway.

IMG_0160


2 Comments:

Yay for hauls and homecoming presents!! I had a BLAST on the road with you an Ann!! (PS - Ann doesn't blog does she?)

Blogger Gerwerken said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I hope I can see you at SAFF.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG