Sunday, July 26, 2009
Back in the swing of things?
The longer I have been away from the blog, the harder it is to blog!

I can't believe it is already the end of July. A lot has happened. I passed a major milestone and a terrific friend conspired coordinated with my friends and family to make me wear one of these things.

IMG_0932

It was a complete surprise and I am totally amazed that they managed to pull it off. I feel incredibly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

My stash diet is over, and we won't go into the acquisitions that have occurred this month. Lovely things have been brought home and hopefully I will be able to restrain myself for a little while. So let's talk about the lovely stash that was given to me!

IMG_0946IMG_0944IMG_0948IMG_0947

Beautiful laceweight from Impulse of Delight and jojoland. AND my own pair of Signature DPNs (swoon!). Buffalo gold fiber and targhee from Mountain Colors also found themselves in need of adoption.

I've been doing some spinning this month, I participated in the Tour de Fleece and worked on spinning a consistent fine fiber. The buffalo gold may get combined with a touch of silk and spun fine. The Targhee will likely get spun medium weight and then navajo plyed.

In knitting, I completed something! After wanting to play with some of Rowan's Purelife Cotton, I made up a quick scarf. The complicated portion of this pattern was that I wanted to (1) use every inch of this yarn and (2) keep the pattern "upright" on either end, so I ended up knitting two almost-halves (one side has one more repeat than the other) and grafted them together. It was my first attempt at grafting a scarf and I am quite pleased with the result.

Lace scarfLace scarf up close

That's it for today! Lots of things to do before work tomorrow!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG