Saturday, October 10, 2009
One UFO down!

I admit it, I am awful about finishing projects.

Starting them is no problem whatsoever - there's just something about the thrill of finding the perfect project, buying/finding the perfect yarn, pulling together all the appropriate accessories, and casting on!

So, I decided to participate in a couple of UFO challenges this year to encourage me to finish a couple of cross stitch and knitting projects. I'm still slacking on the stitching, but the first knitting project is done - a Hemlock Ring throw made in Misti Alpaca chunky. It wasn't a long project, but definitely had lingering potential.

Since it is a throw, not a fine lace shawl, we just did a light blocking to let the pattern shine:

IMG_0992IMG_1005

For my next knitting UFO, I picked up my first sock project, but have been really ignoring it this week. What can I say, k2p2 ribbing just does not thrill me. So I need to dive back into the UFO box and see what else I have. The likely contestants will be:

UFOs

1. first socks 2. seascape shawl
3. morning glory stole 4. glynnis socks
5. lace leaf shawl 6. swallowtail shawl

Decisions, decisions!

Labels:



1 Comments:

OOOOHHH!! You're Hemlock is gorgeous!!! And what are you using for the swallowtail? That's pretty too.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG