Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Keeping busy
Been too busy on far too many fronts lately. Work will continue to keep things hopping. Lots of knitting/spinning news though....I got the KnitPicks Knit in Public bags! I love them!!! I also picked up a set for my mom as a "you are a great mom" gift and she seems to be pleased with them as well. I also want to get the Options set and the chart holder, but that is going to have to wait until after the next payday.

As my previous post indicated, I am getting the hang of spinning and am well on the way to a serious addiction. Here's a daylight version of my first yarn!

That's some roving from Cherry Tree Hill labeled only as 54 micron roving. I got two colorways of this roving and have spun up the other colorway as well.



It did not ply as well as the green colorway so I need to soak it and see if it will straighten out. My knitting focus has been on the Sweet Thing Shawl. I've joined in the second ball and think I am close to the halfway point. I love how this is looking!


Needless to say, I'm not progressing nearly as far as I had hoped on the UFO August knit-along, but I do think I will complete this one and hopefully the felted bag I've had underway.

I can't believe that it is just another week and a half before I hit the road! I have a list of stitching and yarn shops that I plan to visit en route and on the way home. I also am hoping that the owner of the local shop here gets her order from Handmaiden before I go.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG