Monday, July 31, 2006
Updates
I made some progress on my lotus blossom tank. Was ready to strangle myself with a Denise cord because the cotton fleece was just not working with the denise set. I changed to an Addi turbo and it is moving along much quicker. But I do need my KnitPicks options needles to come in because the addi cable is really short for this.


This is really my first article of clothing. I had started a berocco sweater that is knitted in pieces, but that's been put aside due to boredom with garter stitch! Knitting clothing is definately becoming encouragement for me to lose weight!

In other knitting news, I've finally cast on for the mystery stole! My provisional cast on went so smoothly, it should have been a warning bell. After about 6 rows, I realized that my waste yarn had worked its way out of about 6 stitches. I held my breath and managed to work my addi through the dropped stitches and the remaining stitches on the waste yarn. I counldn't find my pins, but here's a small segment of it. Yep, that's a KnitPicks circular in there and it is working very well.


On the spinning front, I have picked back up my drop spindles. I learned to spin on a CD spindle last fall and have been attempting to spin ever since. I ended up buying spindles from Simple Market Farms - the Sleeping Beauty and Briar Rose models. My good friend Peggy gave me this Lincoln/Finn roving from Fred, a sheep from Star Gazing Farms. It spun up pretty quickly on briar rose, the yarn is very fine with a few slubs here and there. Just wish I knew what to do now that I have spun this!


Knit Nite is tomorrow night so I hope to learn from our local spinning expert on how to do this. Wish me luck!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG