Monday, July 31, 2006
Denial
I have been in denial.

Denial that I will actually complete all of the projects I have (while already adding more to the list to be started!). So it is time to start paring down the projects, and I've joined the UFO August knitblog to make it official.

I have decided to start with my knitting projects for a couple of reasons. It is still a "new" thing for me, therefore much of this is out in front of me when I am home. My embroiderers guild does not start back up until September. AND, the list of knitting projects is MUCH smaller than the list of needlework projects.

I have been keeping a journal of sorts of my knitting projects, so I do know how many I have. In preparation for the UFO August group, I spent about a half hour going over it and deleting the projects that just don't appeal to me - the benefit of knitting projects mostly for me rather than others I guess! So here's what's left:

1. "Sweet Thing" Shawl. Don't know the real name of this pattern. Its just a simple shawl that a friend made for her son's new girlfriend (aka "Sweet Thing"). I liked it so much, I had to make one. I think I am about a third complete on this.

2. Lotus Blossom Tank. On the second repeat of the lace motif.

3. Mystery Stole 2

4. Airy Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. This is the project that lives in my office. I work on it when I don't remember to bring a project with me and I miraculously have time to knit at lunch.

5. Modified Sophie Bag. Done except the i-cord straps, planned to be the mindless project for my road trip in a few weeks. Hoping when I teach my mom how to do i-cord, she will work up one of the straps!

6. Traveling Vines Scarf (from DogsStealYarn.com). About a third of the way on this one.

7. Cindy Sweater (Berocco). Miles of garter stitch to go. Miles.

8. Socks. Heading for the toe of the first one.

9. Dagmar. Which isn't knitting, but a hairpin lace project from Berocco. About halfway through.

10. Is not started yet, but will be. A lap blanket for my grandmother.

So that's my current project list! I've got several more that are being contemplated for "the winder" so I'll add them back if they receive a reprieve this week!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG