Sunday, September 10, 2006
Finishes and arrivals
No, no arrival of the Joy, but this greeted me at the door on Saturday


door



The contents? Two spinning books, almost solid sampler and undyed roving from Spunky Eclectic, and Joy accessories, Confetti silk and alpaca rovings from Copper Moose.

books spunky
wheelbonus

Finishes are of the knitting and stitching kind. I finished the Airy Scarf from Weekend Knitting on my trip, its still unblocked, but I love it.


airyscarf



I learned about punchneedle at the Stitching Festival, so I finished the class project and finished a box with some pretty decorative paper.


punchneedle-box

My final finish is a project for my mom that I have been struggling with for forever. This is a kit from lanate of a marjolean bastin painting. It was quite likely one of my first linen starts and for a variety of reasons, it has been very hard to work on. But it is now done, except for washing and blocking!

bastin


I'm a little bummed that I still have not reorganized my craft room, or really had the health to reorganize the house the way I would like. But I am happy that I have been able to finish these pieces and my Joy will be here soon!!!





2 Comments:

Blogger SpindleKnits said...

You are one talented lady Shell. Everything looks great. What's punchneedle?

Blogger Shell said...

Thanks!

Punchneedle is a hollow needle that has thread/floss of some kind through it. The pattern is printed on the back of the fabric (like muslin) which is held really tightly in an embroidery hoop. The needle "punches" through that and then is pulled back. The weave of the fabric basically closes back once the needle is withdrawn, holding the thread in a loop of sorts on the front side. You use the needle at different levels to get different heights in the loops.

It is super easy, "paint" by number. Perfect tired eyes tired arms project. Just as long as you (and those around you) can tolerate the punch sound of the needle going through the fabric!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG