Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Weather Change!
So I'm knitting on my shawl at the Dr's this morning and the nurse that came to take me back says "no one knits anymore!!!"

Not sure what rock she sits under.

Crazy work day, but all is good with the world. We had a cool front come through so I got to drive home with the top down and then spent some down time on the deck today. Life isn't bad when this is your view:

onthedeck

OK, so it ain't George Clooney or some other sexy man, but as views go, it's not bad. Against the backdrop of my yard (and awful table!), it is my latest spinning (Spunky Eclectic Almost Solid in Delphinium. Its an ounce of Superwash Merino and its about 55 yards at DK weight (according to my new WPI tool!!). Still think and thin, but getting more even. Part of my problem is that I have a bad tendancy to push myself when I'm tired ("just a little bit more!"), so I think it gets a little wonky then. Also pictured is the Andean Silk from Knitpicks that I plan to use for the Simple Knitted Bodice. A little nervous here since my track record with sweaters isn't so good. Plus the diet has restarted so I'm not sure what size to make!


2 Comments:

Blogger SpindleKnits said...

Another fantastic finished skein of homespun! and you got a wpi tool! Been thinking about gettin' one of those myself. Good choice of yarn for the SKB!

Blogger Shell said...

Thanks! We shall see how the WPI tool goes. (I am such an accessory addict!!!)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG