Monday, May 28, 2007
Quiet Time
May has been a whirlwind of emotions and activity. And smoke - as the town has been on again off again shrouded in the smoke from the fires in Florida and Georgia. We are in a drought here, so trying to balance water conservation with the yard that is rapidly becoming a dirt pile.

stashI did finish the indexing work, though I have a few tweaks to make to my backup. In my delirium, I got a little crazy on the shopping. A while back, a friend alerted me to the limited release of Just Nan's Lady Scarlett's Secret Garden. I quickly got on the waitlist for two (one for me, one for mom) and it arrived this month. I also ordered a bunch of books: Barbara Walker's Treasurys (1,3, and 4), Romantic Style, Knitting Lingerie Style, and Domiknitrix. I am still reading through these, but I am thrilled with all of them.

scarletI finally started Lady Scarlett last night and here's my progress so far - I just love that little ladybug box! My plan was to do one for me and one for my mom, we shall see if I can get them done!

Back when I started knitting (two years ago this month!), I didn't know a lot of knitters in my area. So I did a lot of blog surfing to see other knitters finished projects. One project that I really liked was the squatty satchel, found on Kristi's blog. I thought it was so cute, I had to have one. But, the design was no where to be found. So I went along my way, making other felted bags and other projects. So, imagine my joy when last week's Knitting Daily email contained a design for the Squatty Satchel!!!! before I cast on a few days ago with Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. Finished it Saturday and felted it on Sunday. I picked up the button from Joann's. Felted version shown "fully loaded" and flat to show how much it felted down. after I am not organized enough to have measured it before felting it, but the chair does a sufficient job I think! I love how the Brown Sheep felted down, it's nice and thick. loaded

While knitting and stitching this weekend I have spent a lot of quiet time at home, to the delight of my cats. Not the most productive of weekends, but quite restful. I have to do some work today, which isn't fun, but my allergies were so bad last week with the smoke, I wasn't able to finish my assignment. I am going to be out at training all week, so its gotta be today! Assuming my boss is happy with my assignment, I hope to spend some time this week looking at my stash and trying to get a little more organized, both in storage and the projects I want to do.


2 Comments:

Blogger SpindleKnits said...

Oooh, I love that bag! And the color! I'm glad you got some rest and your shawls in the previous post look great! I've been out of the loop lately and hadn't got to read/post in a bit.
The ladybug box is adorable!

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

that purse is adorable!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG