Sunday, June 27, 2010
Morning ramblings
I am officially on day four of my vacation. And while every day has not actually been a vacation, it is nice to take some time. Even though it is ridiculously hot out these days, early mornings on the porch are doable.

morning

I spent one day at a nearby beach, though I neglected to take any pics. It is close enough to drive to for the day, even better to stay for the week. Growing up, I think I spent a good portion of every summer there and I hope to get back there before the oil arrives sometime this next week. The oil.....argh....I still can't put into words the sadness and frustration I feel for what is happening in the gulf.

The big guy's tests are indicating that he may be going into renal failure - we have to go back in a couple of weeks for yet another evaluation. But he is not acting like he is in pain or anything. So toys and tuna are constant activities in Chez Shell.

love this toy


Both he and his sister have been hanging out with me in the studio while I spin. Spinning is becoming a regular activity. I finished up a small bag of tussah silk yesterday and plied it up.

tussah silk

Will measure and weigh it after I set the twist today.

As for the house.....I've found more items to go into the studio and started my next destashing pile relating to stitchery stuff. I'm meeting friends for brunch in a bit and then the rest of today is cleaning, sorting through the stuff evicted from the studio, and laundry. Do I know how to have fun or what?? ;)

The outside of the house and the deck are supposed to be painted tomorrow, but we have a fairly high percentage of rain next week. So that may be pushed to the following week, we shall see. Next major house task post-cleaning and clearing will be clearing out my clothes closet, now THAT should be fun!

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Linda M said...

cheering on your continuing cleaning and de-stashing project from over the border. You can do it, you can do it, you can do it -- it feels so good when it is done.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG