Sunday, November 12, 2006
Holiday Weekend
bigcat The weekend was not as relaxing as I had hoped. Work issues followed me home Thursday. I've worked off and on on that stuff, but stayed busy with EGA activities, grandmother, and knitting. Spent a little time surfing while one of the cats stared out the window at a songbird

Not the most flattering picture. Thinking I'm not the only one that needs a diet!

leftI finished one of my fingerless mittens and are about 2/3rds of the way on the second. I love this yarn, Cherry Tree Hill in Silky Kid. The pattern doesn't come through on the pictures, but it quite nice on this yarn. The fuzziness of the mohair gives a nice halo too.


right

But this leaves me with a question, what am I going to do with the rest of this yarn??? Branching Out maybe? I'm thinking there is enough for a long thin scarf and maybe a hat??

Also, below is some of the Mackenzie Tussah Blend that I got from Kendig Cottage. This was spun on my injured Greensleeves Vixen. I am really thrilled how soft and how fine this is!

silk

Off to do laundry and to finish my fingerless mitts, er, catch up on work I mean!!!


2 Comments:

Blogger SpindleKnits said...

Nice looking spindlespun there Shell! The fingerless mitts are great also..I keep meaning to knit myself a pair. They should keep your wrists warm while knitting this winter :)!

Blogger Shell said...

Thanks! The fingerless mittens went suprisingly quickly, considering how slow I knit!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG