Tuesday, June 19, 2007
alpaca, babies, and ravelry, oh my
The last two weeks have been a blur. Lots of fun fibery things. alpaca (before washing)

I got busy cleaning some of the alpaca fleece that I got in January. I ran out of energy before I finished all of this, but the majority of it got clean. As I finished up each batch, I spread it out across the deck furniture to dry.

alpaca (drying) After trying handcarding, I've come to the swift conclusion that I need to get a carder!! I hoped to borrow a friend's carder this past weekend, but we ran out of time.

indigo scarf This past weekend, the LYS hosted a dyeing class, where I played with some indigo dye. Made a tie dye scarf and dyed some of the cream alpaca I had just cleaned. I so need to order a carder!

baby surprise jacketI also started a class for Elizabeth Zimmerman's baby surprise jacket at the LYS. No recipient has been identified for it, but after watching so many knitters finish one, I had to give it a try. Our LYS owner has broken this down into several classes and she gives lots of tips to make this easier to do. This is Fleece Artist sea wool sock yarn, unknown colorway. I also want to make a hat and booties out of pink or turquiose.

On Sunday, I received my Ravelry invitation and have been practically glued to the laptop ever since. I am seriously hooked! It has info on lots of patterns and yarns. Plus a spots to enter projects, projects to be, stash, and needles! Jess and Casey have done an awesome job on this site.


1 Comments:

How do you wash your fiber? I have a bunch of wool that I've been washing a bit at a time in a canning pot on the stove. It's taking forever!

And I love the colors of your baby surprise jacket!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG