Monday, October 29, 2007
Monday Pics
I have been pretty busy at work, so downtime has consisted of crashing on the couch to surf for all things fibery rather than any actually productive fiberwork like weaving, spinning, stitching, or knitting. My hands are still not cooperating with much knitting, once I get into the knitting groove I have to stop and it is just too hard. But I find myself thinking a lot about spinning and stitching right now.

The supposed table runner is growing on the loom, so nothing new in the way of pictures for that. I should start stitching on my Nativity, but I have been putting in some time with
Mirabilia's Christmas Elf Fairy. At this point it is a two tone red blob, so no point in posting pictures.

But here is some fiber pron for your viewing pleasure....
basket

That is my spinning demonstration basket. Most yummy. Lots of Fleece Artist merino silk and assorted good stuff from Spunky Eclectic.

basket

basket2

The light colored spindle is the Greensleeves Hound spindle I picked up in Atlanta. The two toned spindle is a Greensleeves Damsel Monique.

monique

And while I haven't been particularly productive on the fiber front, my "garden" surprised me yesterday with this!

cotton

Cotton! From my backyard!!!


3 Comments:

Oh I love all of your handspun! It's all so gorgeous! I especially love the pink and green one!

Blogger Juls said...

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to visit and comment on my blog!!!! Love your blog.
Oh and for Fern I used 32ct Crystal Carnival by PTPlus fabrics. HTH

Blogger Deeknit said...

How cool is it that you have cotton in your back yard! With all the dog hair I have at my house,I'm contemplating gathering up golden retriever hair to spin. Can you help a sista out? :) Dee Dee

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG