Friday, September 21, 2007
Happy Friday!
A quick post before I get working on the studio.

There's been some warp winding:

IMG_0121

With more to go:

IMG_0122

This is the Tubular Spectrum towels kit from Lunatic Fringe Yarns. Over 500 ends. I plan to tempt myself with this as my studio cleaning break.

My other temptation will be this:
IMG_0117

This is my indigo dyed alpaca that I blogged earlier about here and carded last week. I spun some of the alpaca last weekend and while I liked it, it really didn't feel right. So I decided to pair it with some tencel I bought from here. After a few passes this is what I got:

IMG_0119

Compared to the original:

IMG_0120

It is so soft and shiny now, I am really liking it. Still needs another pass or two but I think this will work out well. I really am going to have to get a carder (so I can give this one back to its owner at some point!).

Today my hands bugged me, but I think it was more because I actually had a diagnosis, so I was staring at them/thinking about them a lot. I found the braces I got for sleeping, so I think tonight will be a better night.

Knitting-wise, I have just cast on Morning Glory in Amethyst Sea Silk. I am rapidly becoming a Knitspot addict. I have added this to my Ravelry queue as well as a bunch of Anne's lace patterns. I had hoped to make one or two for xmas gifts, but we shall see!

This weekend I will be doing a walk for the heart association, spinning my new alpaca/tencel blend at the shop, winding my warp, and of course, lots of house sorting (and planning!).


1 Comments:

Oh that roving is just beautiful! So soft looking, I just want to use it as a pillow! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG