Tuesday, July 31, 2007
July 31st already?
Surfacing to report that Ravelry continues to be a giant time suck. But at least it's an enjoyable time suck!

My giant house reorg plan has been extended through mid-September. I surrender! If I can just get my house straight and I can find my clothes (and my projects) to go on vacation, it is good enough. For now anyway. Not sure how I will get new flooring in before Thanksgiving, but I will get there. Somehow.

Vacation is coming. It will mainly be an escape. Hang out at the beach. Do nothing except whatever I want to. Sun. Sleep. Shop. Knit. Spin. Stitch. Can't. Wait.

But before I get to go on vacation, I have to give a presentation at work. I'm not a fan of speaking in front of large groups, but it will be ok. I hope. I had a draft presentation given to me and its a little much; so far, I've figured out how I want it to go. Hopefully tomorrow will be light enough that I can lock myself in my office and knock it out.

I am taking a weaving class this weekend, so I will be off two days in addition to Saturday and Sunday. Plus spinning demonstrations Friday night.

Speaking of spinning, it is going well. My Woolee Winder and I are getting along better so I'm a happy girl. Now if they hadn't raised the prices of the darn bobbins! I really need to get another one or three.

Knittingwise, Mystery Shawl is up to Row 74. Baby Surprise Jacket is on row 91. And in honor of the LYS having a sale (and me getting a birthday discount shopping spree), I've pulled together 3 more knitting projects to start. I would say that at least I didn't buy roving, but I have an order coming from Matahari Spinnery AND Spunky Eclectic (more spindles, yay!).

All of that wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't committed to pulling out the big stitching project that I have wanted to do for forever - but have not started.

I'm not really sure why I think I get more than the 24 hours per day that everyone else has, but obviously I must believe this. Either that or the world is trying to tell me that I have a lottery win in my future. Somehow I don't think that's quite correct either!

Photos to come!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG