Tuesday, June 26, 2007
progress
I've been spending way too much time on Ravelry and not enough time knitting or spinning! Between entering my projects, my queue and seeing who I know has joined, it has taken away from my knitting time!

I finished my super sidekick! The strap was mostly made by a friend that needed a break from an attention demanding project. I taught her how to do i-cord (!) and she was off! I felted it down too much, but it's still a nice bag size, 9 x 13 x 4.

big-sidekick-before big-sidekick---after


This project used 2 skeins of Lamb's Pride worsted in Mulberry and about 4 skeins of Patons Soy Wool Stripes in Natural Plum. Knit together using a size 15 needle. Most of the pattern was followed, though I added about 10 rows in the body and pretty much doubled the strap.

This weekend, I began swatching for the Mystery Stole. First clue comes out Friday! I think the vanilla zephyr with the silver lined beads is the winner, but I'm still playing with needle size.

mystery



Home improvements are slowly moving. I should have a new AC unit purchased this week! I also have Thursday - Monday off to work on the house, celebrate my birthday, and remember my grandmother (her birthday is Monday). OK, I just admitted to my birthday....an event that I celebrate for a the month once it has passed, but generally disregard right up until the actual day. This year is different somehow. I haven't quite put it all together yet, but it is definately different. Some of it is due to my grandmother's death, but I think there is something else as well.

And now, a critter in my back yard. I think I've found who is responsible for at least some of the holes I've been finding in my back yard!

turtle1



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG