Saturday, July 07, 2007
Taking a break
Procrastinating on some housecleaning to report that I am about halfway through the first clue of Melanie's Mystery Stole 3. ms-clue-1The group has been growing steadily since Melanie announced she was doing a new design, but there was another spike when The Harlot posted about signing up. Melanie closed sign ups last night and there are 6,721 members now. I'm about halfway through clue one now.

I'm using zephyr (love it!) and have enjoyed Melanie's design so far. Now I just need to make some actual progress on the house. In addition to doing a major cleanout, I'm doing some fruit basket turnover with my furniture - moved a desk out of my studio, will move the dressers/bookcase out of the guest room into the studio, and then a dresser out of my bedroom into the guest room. Eventually the exercise equipment will move into the guest room as well. I got several pieces of furniture from my grandmother's place to add to this craziness - a folding table (now in the dining room!), a bookcase (temporarily helping out in the studio), and a tall dresser (which will hopefully move into my bedroom this weekend). The new AC is getting installed this coming week, which means I also have to move the stuff I stacked in front (what was I thinking?) of the fuse box. But I will likely save that for Monday/Tuesday.

The plan is to do this, and then start doing some home improvements - paint, new flooring, and some built-in storage. But between work, family stuff, and managing to screw up my back, I have been slacking off. Frankly, it was either work and build some new friendships or work and deal with the house. And I picked the friendships. Don't regret it a bit. Though I do need to start limiting my internet time.

Now, to get back to work so I can play this afternoon. A friend and I are going to take a golf lesson. It should be fun, though it is a million and a half degrees outside!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG