Monday, August 11, 2008
Diary of a Weaving Project, Part 3
So with the heddles threaded and the reed sleyed, I can finally place the reed in the beater:

IMG_0200

The threads are tied in groups of 14 threads each. The last step for preparing the warp is to tie it to the front apron rod. There are a couple of ways to do that, such as tying the warp on directly or lashing the warp to the rod. I learned a new way to do this at a workshop in February, using ribbons to tension each group of threads.

IMG_0201

Final step is to tie up the harnesses in the pattern that I need. The harnesses are attached to treadles, so multiple harnesses can be lifted by pressing one treadle. They are tied by inserting the harness cord into a slot on the correct treadle.

IMG_0202

The final step is to spread the warp out and I'm now ready to go!!

IMG_0203

Hope that was clearer than mud! On to weaving!


1 Comments:

Clearer than mud yes! Is that your new shuttle (I think that's what that thingy in the last picture is called... if not, sue me)? Maybe one thing that may help me a little bit... what's the reed and while I'm there what's a beater? I know what heddles are and I think pretty much everything else in the post...

Maybe that's why it's all muddy. I don't know my weaving anatomy! ;)

Hope you had a breeze of a training day! See you tonight!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG