Wednesday, December 03, 2008
More rambling ahead!!!
I loved the scribble lace project so much, I started another one that I finished in November:

IMG_0269

Needles at the ready, knitterly friends and I took off to see this blogger:

IMG_0263

IMG_0262

It was a whirlwind trip, heading out at noon, hitting two yarn stores once we were in town, meeting Stephanie, finding a late dinner, and pulling back into town a little after 1 AM. In the middle of her talk, I totally screwed up on the scribble lace and managed to somehow rip back 20 rows and start knitting again. I completely enjoyed the trip and was really glad I decided to go, in spite of the crazy deadlines I was in the middle of.

The scribble lace class was a lot of fun and I hope to do another one sometime. But, to my dismay the large size Addi turbos I recommended for the class have undergone a change!!!!! Until recently the needles are attached with a tube-like thing, which isn't particularly flexible, but is great for keeping the appropriate tension on fine threads. Now, they have changed out the tube for a cable, which makes them like every other needle in the marketplace. Every single one of my students kept tightening up on the fine yarn so that they could not even wedge the stitch back onto the needle!!!

I had a couple more finishes, the fetching fingerless mitts (which I love!) out of Sublime dk and the bounce beret out of Chunky Alpaca(which I don't!!).

IMG_0275
IMG_0288

I also picked up some 8/2 unmercerized cotton, which I hope to turn into towels for the Weavers Guild towel exchange:

IMG_0267

Next up thanksgiving!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG