Saturday, November 25, 2006
Weekend wrap-up

Wow, this weeked just flew by. Thanksgiving was wonderful, and Mom and I added to the foodfest by beginning the holiday baking. Its currently stowed at my parents' house so I won't have to pretend I have willpower.

I did get to knit this weekend, but the last few days have been fairly frustrating with trying to put up a new mailbox and doing some yard clearing on top of the house re-organizing that I had hoped to do on top of the family stuff and the routine laundry/grocery shopping/etc. Yep, it was too much for this mere mortal, but I got the priorities taken care of, I spent time with the family. The laundry is in progress now and the yard trash has been cleared away. As for the mailbox, well, I may never get mail delivered to the house again. I don't pretend to be handy, but you would think I could master the simple act of reconstructing the mailbox post and installing a mailbox.

I finished a scarf for the LYS yesterday and am working on a matching hat right now. Well, not right now, as I'm currently trapped under a cat. So I've been taking Internet quizzes.


You are The Empress


Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.


The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents, beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.


The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.



Your Birthdate: July 1

You are a natural born leader, even if those leadership talents haven't been developed yet. You have the power and self confidence to succeed in life, and your power grows daily. Besides power, you also have a great deal of creativity that enables you to innovate instead of fail. You are a visionary, seeing the big picture instead of all of the trivial little details.

Your strength: Your supreme genius

Your weakness: Your inappropriate sensitivity

Your power color: Gold

Your power symbol: Star

Your power month: January


After reading Pixie's blog, I realized that I had missed out on a new thing.....a new Denise Needle Set. With pink cables!! AND there are now size 17 and 19 needles! All of which are heading my way! Assuming, of course, that the mail carrier will deliver them to me!

Now I admit, I have been neglecting the denise set I have in favor of the knitpicks set. But there are somethings about the denise kit that I still really like. So I can't wait to get this new toy.
Back to the house re-organization and holiday planning!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG