Monday, January 01, 2007
Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007
Christmas was just crazy. I had a lot of work deadlines that flowed into Christmas preparations that flowed into cooking for Christmas. A last minute decision to dump the planned knitted gifts was made. But the deadlines were met, time with spent with family and friends, and a great Christmas was had by all. I am still lacking goodies for the knitting bunch, but I hope to remedy that next weekend.

I had most of last week off, which was good because my body pretty much decided I was done for the week. Not much was accomplished aside from sleep, which was mostly ok.

Like many others, I took some time this weekend to reflect on what I had accomplished in 2006 and what I hoped to do in 2007. Highlights of 2006 include:
  1. Restarting my love of needlework.
  2. Becoming a charter member of an embroiderers guild and joining the board to help it grow.
  3. Completing a number of small knitted projects.
  4. Getting better at spinning with a drop spindle.
  5. Buying a wheel and learning to use it.

2007 begins with a healthy stash of roving and yarn and a number of projects that are "in progress". This is the "high level" list of things I want to do next year:

  1. Reorganize the house.
  2. Simplify.
  3. Start some of the improvements I have been talking about for forever.
  4. Complete some of the needlework projects that I have in my stash.
  5. Learn new needlework techniques.
  6. Complete the knitting projects that I have in progress.
  7. Expand my knitting techniques. Complete a garmet, lace shawl, or something with cables.
  8. Keep spinning.
  9. Knit from my handspun.
  10. Look for ways to feed my creativity
  11. Laugh more.
  12. Travel.
  13. Be more healthy.
  14. Blog more.

To sum up, the themes for 2007 are to simplify my life and grow my creativity. There are more details behind this list, but it is more detail than anyone would want to read!



1 Comments:

Blogger SpindleKnits said...

What a wonderful "to do" list. I hope you get to do all that you had hoped to accomplish in 2007!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG