Monday, January 26, 2009
Fiber weekend!
This weekend was a great time. Lots of fiber was fondled, spun, picked, cleaned, and prepped!

Friday evening, my latest fiber club installment was sitting on my doorstep.

IMG_0460

Organic merino in the Twilight colorway.

The next morning was spinning guild. I really like having a dedicated morning each month to spin. Currently on my Joy is one of the fibers of the month from Spunky Eclectic

IMG_0439

By the afternoon, I was picking through some alpaca with a certain knitter, going from this:

IMG_0445

to this:

IMG_0443

Don't you just want to dive into that? A pup decided to check out our trash pile.

IMG_0442

IMG_0447

After several hours, I took my fiber home and filled the washer with several bags. Then I got to combing and making roving with my fancy diz (aka a peanut can lid)!

IMG_0457 IMG_0456

IMG_0462

I still have a lot more alpaca to prep, but I am hoping to spin enough of it finely enough to do a shawl of some kind.

Labels:



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognize that unclean alpaca. Looks like you guys had fun.

Blogger SpindleKnits said...

Gorgeous Spunky stuff and I can't wait to see what you knit up with that fluffy alpaca!

Dude! These totally didn't show up in my reader! :(

I heart some Spunky Eclectic! So far all my favorite fibers have come from her. And you are soooo far ahead of me on the processing! I haven't even thrown any in the wash yet!

If you're feeling up for it I'm pretty much free all this weekend again. Maybe I can throw some in the wash and start picking through the rest. You're more than welcome to join me!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG