Sunday, November 01, 2009
November already?
It is Sunday again. And its November. Wow, where did my year go???

At least knitting progress have been made! My second "first sock" is slowly approaching the heel. Very slowly! Apologies in advance on the bad pics....my camera is hiding so these are indoor evening iPhone pics.

first socks - progress 10-31-09

I'm also working on Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Pretty Thing, using a sport weight Bison Bamboo blend from Fiber Isle. After a false start, I am enjoying the pattern and adoring the softness that is this yarn.

pretty thing - progress 10-31-09

In non-knitting news, I picked up some fresh flowers when I went to the grocery store this weekend. I love getting them, but rarely do because I am hardly home this time of year so I really don't get to enjoy them. The vase was my grandmother's and I think of her every time I see it.

flowers

House projects have stalled. I need to get a move on this week, the AC man has been scheduled, but the handyman, painter, and carpet cleaner have not. The beav has made his presence known again, going after a smallish tree. Not sure if he has killed this one or not, but I did break out the "beaver repel" in the form of a strobe light tonight to see if it will protect the three crepe mrytles and the tree that leans over the waterway. No picture, but just stare into a flashlight as you turn it on and off and you get the feel for it. I hope it isn't aggravating my neighbors (as it is in full view of their house), but plenty aggravating to this unpredictable beastie!

All for now! I need to rest my tired eyes and hands for a busy work week!!!

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG