Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Emerging from the cold fog
My cold has improved greatly, the "brain fog" has left but I still sound pretty scary. It really knocked me down, so I worked really hard at taking it easy and trying to get well. The monster cats watched over me and made sure that I stayed put as much as possible:

sick day

While camped out with the sock and cat, I watched Interweave's "Start Spinning" with Maggie Casey and Eunny Jang. It was a very good video, well made, lots of tips and tricks ranging from fiber prep to spinning technique.

Mom graciously agreed to take on Thanksgiving so I wouldn't get the entire family sick. By the time of the big day, I was well enough to join everyone, but was assigned at my own little table at the other side of the room.

All the knitting time paid off:

first socks completed

The second "first sock" is complete! These are definitely fraternal, not identical - I made some changes to the first one that I could not identify for the second. Plus, although the dye lots are the same, the colors appear to be slightly different! I still have a lot to learn about making socks. I'm so worried that I will make them too small, I end up making them a little big!

The LYS had its "Black Saturday" sale this past weekend. I helped out and tried to resist, but quite a little pile of stash followed me home:

stash

Cashmere, SeaSilk, and Rumple from Handmaiden, Winter Lace from Moutain Colors, Chunky Alpaca from Misti Alpaca, and a couple more lovely things. Now if I can just get the Pretty Thing Cowl (rav link) done, I will be a happy camper. I am using Bamboo-Bison from Fibre-Isle, it is lovely!

pretty thing - progress 10-31-09

I did get some house activities moving again during November. Nothing terribly dramatic, but I am thrilled that the checkmarks are slowly moving down the list. Basic repairs made. A few plants planted. Carpet cleaned. Done, done, done.

And its December already! I need to finish up my gift list this week, one of the biggest craft festivals will be happening this weekend. Mom and I are planning to shop til we drop! I am considering getting a tree to try and get into the Christmas spirit, even though I probably won't be home much this month.

Tomorrow will be an early one, off to bed!

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger ddeeknits said...

You can always come help me put up mine!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG