Sunday, March 28, 2010
Moving slow or slowly moving?
moving slow

It is another rainy day at Chez Shell. I actually love the rain this time of year as it helps keep the pollen down for a day or two, but it is hard to get a good picture to post. Plus there is the overwhelming desire to nap....but there is laundry and dishes to avoid, so here comes the post!

My heart broke at lunch last week when I found my Damsel Monique spindle had cracked at the top. I am hoping it is fixable with some wood glue, but the hook pulls straight out at this point. The Mjolinar has gone to stay at work for a bit, so no pics to share.

On the stitching front, I have finally finished the rowandean piece.

Cat by the Hydrangea Bush - complete 3-26-10

Cat by the Hydrangea Bush
Rowandean Embriodery
Completed 3/27/10

The next portable project is a filet lace class piece from my EGA chapter.

Filet Lace

Filet Lace Flower
Progress as of 3/28/10

Not the ideal portable project with all of this white, but it was screaming from its box to be worked on. In the class, we cut out interior threads and started wrapping the threads to reinforce the grid that the design will be placed on.

The next primary embroidery project will be this.

ribbon embroidery project

Silk Ribbon Pond

Just a picture for now. This is a group correspondence project in my EGA chapter. Last week we put the ground fabric on the stretcher bars and the next step is to trace the design and transfer it to the fabric.

The yarn shop sale has got my fingers wanting to knit again, so we shall see what the week brings!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG