Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Still in the Tunnel - Random Thoughts
No real coherent thought here, but I feel like if I don't blog now, I just won't.

One more week of "the tunnel" I think, couple more things to wrap up and then I am off most of next week for training.

Bad iPhone pic of the patient boy at the vets a few weeks back, waiting for his meds to be ready.

waiting

The good news is that his tumor still shrinking. The only real side effect I have found from all of this is that some of his hair fell out and the regrowth in that area and around his tumor has changed. Am hoping we can take a break from all the antibiotics, but don't know how realistic it is. But he is playing with his toys, chasing his sister and demanding cuddles.

I feel ridiculously grateful for the extension he has gotten. If I knew then what I know now, would I do it all again? I just don't know.

Next checkup is around the beginning of July but I may move it up to avoid the whole holiday traffic thing. Let's face it, far too many idiot drivers out there....

Starting next week I am taking a day or two off each week to try and get Chez Shell under control. Right now, the studio is about half emptied. Living room is crowded with evicted studio stuff. I know the "experts" say to not pull everything out, but everything has been so topsy-turvey with my organizing efforts I pretty much have to. It's a good thing that I did, I have found yarn in just about every corner.

Sorting the stash

The first couple of skeins were humorous to find, but most would have been candidates for the yarn yard sale. So, more stuff for the donation bag. I will take a picture of the final "Mt. Yarn" once I am sure that I have found ALL of it.

Right now, it is about a 6' tower of large bins.....right next to a 5' tower of medium size bins. Yeah. Seriously scary that I am describing my "after" stack. Did I mention that was only my knitting yarn? The 10/2 and 8/2 cotton for weaving are in other bins, sorted by size.

On to better topics, like KNITTING!

The studio sort has also uncovered knitting WIPs, lot of em. After a brief round or two of Survivor WIP, I now have a list of 27 projects in progress. 27!?!?! I have a sneaking suspicion that like the random yarn balls, the studio will uncover another project or two, but in the meantime, I have pared that 27 down to a cast of eight projects that I plan to concentrate on.

First project is this one:

red-silk

using Tilli Tomas silk in the American Beauty colorway. This is an old picture, but it still looks like this, just much longer. Should be finished up in the next couple of days, assuming I don't drop the needle out of the project.......again.

That's all for today. The cats are pacing, which means it is time for bed!
And maybe a snack!

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Linda M said...

I'm here and sending supportive thoughts to help you focus on one project at a time - stitch by stitch, row by row, watch those WIPs turn into F.O.s.

I'm also glad you are having the time you need with the cat-man. If he is having good quality time and you are having good quality time it's worth it.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG