Sunday, January 14, 2007
Update
Arggh, I have (again) lost the stupid card reader, so yet another photoless post! I am so glad that it is a holiday weekend, but it has been a little crazy.

A friend and I gave a presentation at the guild meeting yesterday, and it was well received. Happiness was cut short when I realized that someone hit my car while I was packing up!!! It wasn't bed, but it wasn't good. So I was more than a little upset and insisted on at least a "driver exchange" thing with the cops, I've just heard so many stories about people promising to make it right and then renigging. And I'm already having worries about the $$$ I have to cough up to replace the back panel on my top. Now that I've washed my car and my dad and I tried to buff off the scratches, it isn't nearly as bad as it looked before (in fact you have to look for it to see it!). So now I feel like I overreacted with the guy, though I'm still worried that my bumper is not a-ok. I am taking the car to a friend of my dad's tomorrow to see if the bumper is ok and whether or not he can pop the small dent out that's on the rear panel. Hopefully, this will be an easy fix and I can let this guy off the hook.

As for my Plans for 2007, progress is slow but steady. I hope to update the sidebar this weekend, but for now:

1. Reorganize the house. The studio is in progress. Next up is the kitchen.
2. Simplify. Is with #1.
3. Start some of the improvements I have been talking about for forever. Writing up the list now.
4. Complete some of the needlework projects that I have in my stash. Want to finish the studio first.
5. Learn new needlework techniques. I'm taking a group correspondence course in crewel with my guild that will start next month.
6. Complete the knitting projects that I have in progress. What was I thinking here? ;)
7. Expand my knitting techniques. Complete a garmet, lace shawl, or something with cables.
8. Keep spinning. On hold until the studio is ready.
9. Knit from my handspun. ditto
10. Look for ways to feed my creativity I have been stepping out of the box some to do some wild shawls. Not me at all, but the colors and textures have just been so much fun!
11. Laugh more. I really love the saturday knitting group, I will be joining them today too!
12. Travel. Well, I'm going to a "spin in" out of town in 2 weeks.
13. Be more healthy. I did join Weight Watchers and the 100 miles by April 1st challenge. I'm behind in the challenge, but have lost 2 pounds so far!
14. Blog more. 2 posts in 14 days isn't exactly a stellar posting spree, but its a start.

I realized that I missed one item on my list of things for 2007, so I've added a 15:

15. Knit for others, especially for charity. One of the knitting groups in town is looking at doing a day of knitting for charity, so I'm thinking about doing that. But for now, I've joined the knit fun fur hats for kids here. I am not a big fan of fun fur, but I have to admit, it is hard not to smile when you think about a kid wearing these crazy hats. Quite helpfully, Joann's is having a 10 for $10 sale on fun fur so I stocked up yesterday.

I also considered taking on the Knit from your stash challenge but accepted the reality that ordering myself to not buy yarn will only result in me buying even more yarn!

Time for me to get moving!


2 Comments:

Blogger SpindleKnits said...

Sorry to hear about your car. I hope it doesn't cost alot to fix it.
I really like your "to do" list. Every time I read it I find myself nodding and thinking yep, I need to do that..and that...and that...:) and those fun fur hats are such a great cause. Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard about them before.

Blogger Shell said...

Hey! Thanks, me too!

As for the list, my problem is that I am really good at making lists and really bad at following them!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG