Sunday, November 18, 2007
A Fibery Wishlist
I've been trying to put together a wish list for myself, partly to address questions about Christmas, partly to try and structure myself a little bit. Because let's face it, I'm a little all over the place right now. My decluttering is a bit at a standstill at the moment and its hard for me to even think about bringing one more thing into my house.

So to help me plan for the future, I'm brainstorming and have a challenge to all...what's on your list?

1. Schacht Matchless. I haven't actually spun on this thing, but it really is one of my dream wheels. It is definitely on the long-term list. I'd also love a Saxony style wheel but the space requirements are a little too much for me at the moment.

2. Flip rigid heddle loom. Another long-term item, I really need to spend some time on the equipment I have!

3. Strauch Drum Carder. Since I will likely be doing mainly fiber blending with an occasional fleece, I could get by with the Petite. The Finest is very nice looking though.

4. Bobbins for my Joy, both standard and for the woolee winder.

5. Indigo Hound Viking Combs. More fiber prep tools. Could be kinda dangerous for me though, but FUN!

6. Books, Books, Books, and a DVD or two

7. Yarn. Methinks this is self-explanatory. Paula knows what's on my wish list these days. While not the best idea (since I'm not knitting so much these days), one day my hands will be better. Besides, I have some cashmere there that is waiting for me right now. (Why, yes, I do have more projects that I will finish in a lifetime, why do you ask? Besides, what better way to live for forever?) Surprisingly, weaving yarn is not on the wish list right now - I have a bunch of 5/2 and 10/2 that I working through. I want to try more, but I need to get a little more learning on this hobby before I am ready to branch out.

8. Pretty much any stitching gadget or a chart by Mirabilia or Teresa Wentzler. (yeah, the project list is long here too, but it just wouldn't be right to not include it)

9. New ipod. My old 40 GB ipod went toes up a few months back. Not so fibery, except that's my access to Syne, Miss Lime and Miss Violet, Kelley, Brenda, and the rest!

10. KnitPicks Harmony Needles. A girl can never have enough needles yanno? These look soooo great and I've heard great things about them.

11. No wish list would be complete without a wish that others receive. They even offer a knitting basket.

Whew! Weekend wrap-up to come, but for now, I've gotta get some laundry done!


1 Comments:

Hee hee! A Strauch is on my wish list too! I had posted on the Florida Knits Too board on Ravelry to see if anyone had a carder that I could borrow for a fleece or two... but no luck. Oh well. Here's to hoping you find one amongst your Christmas loot! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG