Wednesday, November 28, 2007
MIA
No, I wasn't swallowed by my stash. Work has been a little unsettling with staffing changes and impending deadlines. That rolled right into Thanksgiving, which was quite lovely at my grandmother's house. I was extremely thankful for the wonderful family I had and glad that I only had to bring a dish on Thursday instead of cooking and cleaning (because, wasn't I originally planning to have my house reorganized and flooring installed by last week?).

Oh well, there is always next year!

So, back to my weekend! Some shopping was done and improvements were made to the studio closet reorganization before a crashing migraine basically sucked the life out of me. Two and a half days of eyeball crushing pain followed. A shot from the Drs, new meds, and a whole lot of eyes-closed time and I'm a new woman!

Today was my first day back at work and it continues to be hopping. But deadlines are almost here and then it will be Christmas.


(insert scream here.)



Just kidding. It's not that bad. I've pretty much figured out what I'm getting folks and since I'm not knitting much - none of the gifts are knitting! Actually I'm considering doing some premie caps/blankets for a charity drive that work is doing, but the current state of the wrists is arguing against it.

My biggest trick will be to get leave the week before Christmas so I can have a mother-daughter day to celebrate my mother's birthday. I'm thinking manicures/pedicures for both of us and then maybe a massage for mom?

Today's blog inspirations.... I've found Leigh's fiber blog, where she is currently doing a few posts on twills. And Sweet Georgia seems to be back in the blogsphere with knitting and weaving goodness as well.

Is is a surprise that the loom is calling to me? Time to play!


PS, I'm not really sure why a lot of my posts are centered. I must have zigged when I should have zagged on the template. Love it or hate it?


1 Comments:

Yuck on the migraine! Glad you're feeling better now. Totally go for mani/pedicures with your mom! I'll cross my fingers for you that you can get the leave time.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG