Monday, March 03, 2008
A Change Will Do You Good
(yep, adding some Sheryl Crow to the mix)

I said "change" was one of my keywords for 2008, and I wasn't kidding.....

Around the same time as spin in and the weaving workshop, I had accepted the fact that, at 94,000 miles, my beloved vehicle was going to begin to fade if I didn't give it a break undoubtably at a most inopportune time. Also at the forefront of my mind was that my back problems were not going to heal if I didn't make some kind of change. So, I bought a honda pilot. Having two vehicles isn't simplifying things, but it sure makes the pretty days worth it! I made a promise to reassess in 6 months and if the maintenance/insurance was truly not palatable to the budget, I would sell my lovely convertible.

I am not thrilled with the gas mileage, but overall, the new vehicle is great (except on a sunny day!). But my back is making progress. I also joined a gym last month; it would have really killed me to climb in and out of my very low vehicle. I am loving the gym though. It has been ages since I went to one and I am most definately out of shape. I hedged my bets and paid for a trainer for the first month - she is seriously kicking my butt. But I'm feeling better, so it is worth it.

I also had pretty much decided that I needed to make a job change. In a moment of sychronicity, I had received an email about a job posting (that would be with a former colleague). Decided it wasn't the job for me, but within a day of that, a former boss that works in my office came by to see if I wanted to come work for her. I said yes, provided I could continue to do some of the work that I was doing. Fast forward a week (aka last week) and I officially changed jobs. I am still learning what I am doing (with a very steep learning curve and a short time to do it in), but I definately won't be bored!

The local yarn shop is starting to get in schacht wheels and rigid heddle looms so I've been playing some at the shop to make room for them.I am also toying with teaching beginning spinning (both drop and wheel) at the shop. Still more planning to do on these things though.

And the cats have apparently joined in on the change bandwagon. No, they still sleep 23 hours a day, but they managed to lose 5 and 2 pounds respectively. And they like the couch, even with the lovely "cat hair catchers" I have installed.
IMG_0074


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG