Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday/Tuesday
I must admit, I love having a holiday weekend. But I didn't feel so great most of the weekend so not a whole heck of a lot got accomplished. Today, I went home early - felt stuffy and a little warm. Didn't feel like knitting, much less like warping up the loom. So I rested and ravelry-surfed much of the day away. And now I'm sneezing!!!! Argh!! I don't have time to be sick. I have work to do and a spin-in to go to this weekend!!!!

ok, this is a crafting blog, enough of my whining! I have had one stitching finish aside from the acorns I posted about over the weekend:

moose

This is one animal in a "holiday parade". Its strange, but they are cute to me. I've completed 4 of the 6. All that's left is a Santa Claus and a Reindeer.

Overall, I have a huge list of WIPs to work through, and I've made a pledge to myself to try to complete some of my projects in progress this year. That this fact does not stop me from starting new projects somewhat concerns me, but its all about babysteps right? Afterall, since they are scattered to the corners of my house, it is easier to ignore them. But one day soon, all of my projects will be corralled into one room.

So, dear friends, here is a portion of the items I will be attacking this year (or ripping out). Not all of these have pics in flickr, but that will be changing...

Knitting:
Icarus
Sidekick
Silk shawl
Irish Hiking Scarf
Clapotis
Candleflame Shawl
Hairpin Lace Shawl
Mystery Stole 3
Morning Glory Shawl
Renegade Shawl
Another Renegade Shawl
The infamous single sock
Lotus Blossom Tank
Sweet Thing Shawl

Stitching:
Iris Window Garden from Calico Crossroads
Christmas Elf from Mirabilia
Shaker Box smalls
Sleeping Beauty from Mirabilia
Lady Scarlett from Just Nan
Santa Claus
Reindeer
Thanksgiving Tablecloth

The knitting list is pretty comprehensive of all of my projects in progress. The stitching is not, but will continue to evolve as I find more stitching time and space to consider other WIPs. The additions planned so far are a cashmere shawl, a cashmere hat (or fingerless mitts!), stitching a Nativity (from Marbek), maybe the rest of the irish hiking "set".

How am I going to tackle all of this? Excellent question. I've tried a one-at-a-time approach, a rotation (allocating x amount of time (or a week) to work on one thing and then moving on), a focus rotation (same as above but a specific project gets alternated with the other projects....none of that has particularly worked for me since I am pretty much a distracted crafter ("oooo, bright shiny object!"). So my plan is to maintain my list of projects, select a few to focus on, and then alternate those as my time/life allows. One will live in my desk, one in my car, etc. I have been doing a "check-in" with myself to see where I am on house things, bills, etc. so I'll just add my project review into my check-in so I can see where I am.

Wish me luck!


1 Comments:

Wow! That is quite the list you have there! (Totally makes me feel better too... :)) I'll try to help you move through a few projects if you'd like.

Hope you feel better soon!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG