Thursday, February 05, 2009
Stitching in Public!
Saturday is National Stitch in Public Day! My guild is getting together to stitch at the library most of the day. I'm not sure how long I will be there, but I'm looking forward to it!

scarlet

Stitching has been the craft that I have done the longest - I have no clue when I started. I think I was probably 5 or 6 when I started toting around a little project bag to places where I needed to basically sit still - as an only child and youngest kid in the family, family visits usually required me to sit on the couch a lot. When I was older, but stuck in bed due to illness, cross stitching saved my sanity.

Iris Window Garden - 1/28/09

While cross stitching has long been a favorite technique, I've adopted other needlework techniques over the last ten years or so. I joined the local guild to get me back into the stitching habit, but other events have really stalled those plan.

punchneedle-box

But there is just something about stitching that has always appealed to me. There is such a wide variety of pattern types and styles, from simple samplers to elaborate reproductions of artwork.

moose

So if you have never tried stitching, do try it sometime. Or if you stitch, share the fun with someone. Most of all, if you haven't stitched in a while, pick up a needle sometime!

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What guild is this? I have recently started embroidery, and I would love to meet a few people that know what they are doing.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG