Monday, March 02, 2009
Goosewatch 2009
Remember this mention of the goose pair? Well, they decided to make a nest right by that pine tree in the back yard. And then proceeded to ignore it for days.

Until now. So I took advantage of an unsupervised moment to take this quick pic,

IMG_0536

while the pair headed for me with much splashing and honking. I saw at least one egg under that straw (look at the stick on the right hand side, then look at the center of the nest, about the level of the top of that stick).

IMG_0537

Blurry shot as I was backing up while taking it. Which was good as he started to fly at me after that. So I left them checking to make sure I had not injured their pre-hatched young.

The other wildlife that likes to abuse me (aka the beavers) appear to have abandoned their home. Willingly or unwillingly, I have no clue. But, it means that the irises don't have to have protection and I can maybe screen in my porch!!!

While I wandered tarjey today, I looked at some possible porch furniture. It likely won't fit, and is a bit cost prohibitive at the moment, but I can dream! For some reason, I seem to be in a wicker mood at the moment....

IMG_0539 IMG_0540 IMG_0542 IMG_0541 IMG_0543

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG